Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day Parade

My niece and nephew stayed the weekend with me. Zack was sacked out on my parent's couch, sound asleep when I got there on Thursday night. Brylee on the other hand was still wide awake and playing even though it was almost midnight. I took her down to my house with me. She was so funny! She kept stalling. "I'm not tired, can I watch a movie?" "I need a drink." "My baby (her doll) isn't tired yet." My favorite was - "My eyes won't stay closed very good." :) All things considered, she fell asleep within 2 minutes. I wish I had been so fortunate. It took me another hour to relax enough to fall asleep.

Zack and Brylee at the Parade


Friday, we got up early to go have breakfast with my parents. She had a hard time getting up. "My eyes won't stay open very good." :) Breakfast helped. There is just something about waffles with strawberries and whipped cream that will perk those little peepers right up. Zack on the other hand was still out cold on the couch and we had to practically throw him around to get him moving. :)

Zack, Elijah, Reese and Brylee (My Mom is standing behind them)

We went to the parade in the morning. As you can see, there was lots of friends and family in front of my Aunt Susan's store. She's such a cute lady. She bought tons of candy and was standing behind the kids throwing it out in front of them as the floats went by. I don't think they even notice it wasn't all coming from the floats. They made an absolute hall!

Elijah, Brylee, Reese and Zack - They were more enthusiastic when picking up candy! :)

All the little cousins - Aunt Susan's wearing the yellow shirt (a.k.a. - secret candy lady)

More family - aunts, uncles, cousins (and beautiful little Reese)

Oakley, Casey, Natasha and Josh

Travis, Jenny, Brianna, Dave, Jenna, Sidney and Austin

Dee Jay and Kim
We came back to my parent's house for a family barbecue and a relaxing afternoon. Brylee fell asleep under the table and slept for 3 hours. I finally had to wake her up so she would be able to sleep that night without "eye problems." :)

No comments: