Saturday, I took Zack and Brylee back up to their parents and stayed the rest of the weekend with them while they were camping. They had a absolutely gorgeous spot in the canyon and it was so peaceful. Everyone was gone when we first got up there, so we just hung out for a while. Then Zack and Brylee and I went for a little "hike". Short legs can't go very fast, but all things considered, we went pretty far. I was afraid I would have to pack Brylee back on my shoulders, but she got a second wind and took right off. She wanted to "race" back and she won. (Of course!) We got back to camp about the time everyone else started showing up as well. We spent the rest of the evening eating, talking and laughing around the fire. It was a great night.
Our Camping Spot
Sunday, we slept in. If you can even call it that. All the kids were up early and I can't sleep once it gets light, but we did get a lazy start on breakfast. Then we all took off on the 4-wheelers and motorbikes for a ride. It was beautiful and I got some great pictures. The kids were so dirty, but then so were we. :) The main difference is the adults try to space out far enough we aren't eating each other's dust. The kids, on the other hand, ride all clumped together. Those boys were so dirty!

It was so beautiful!
Caden, Zack and Rhett
Stopped for a break
Zack, his friend Brayson and little Miss Brylee
Dirty Riders! :)
Rhett, Zack Brylee and Caden with their friends
This was a pretty meadow we stopped to have lunch in
We ran into little mountain streams everywhere
I loved the wildflowers mixed in with the sagebrush
After our ride, we went back to camp for tacos. Casey and Oakley had come up to spend the rest of the day with us. We visited until dusk. We watched a great rainstorm as we sat under the canopy. I love rain and there's nothing better than a mountain rainstorm. Everything smells so good! We visited until dusk and during a break in the storm, we broke camp. We already had most of the camp cleaned up before our ride, so it didn't take us long to finish up. We drove out of the canyon in the rain. It was dark as I drove back from Jill and DJ's, but I got to watch the lightening light up the sky the whole way home. Is there a better way to end the 4th of July weekend than with Mother Nature's own "fireworks display"?
No comments:
Post a Comment