Monday, February 23, 2009

:) Weekend (:

Considering how this week started, the weekend turned out pretty great.

Friday, I went dancing! It was one of our best turnouts for a dance and we had a great time! I was a little nervous about the DJ since he did the music for the dance last month and it was really strange. Except for a few moments of insanity, he actually did really well this time. The only low point of the evening was the fact that Sherma wasn't there and she's the life of the dance. Since she had to miss this weekend, I told her I would go dancing with her next Friday. She really didn't have to talk that hard, since I love to go dancing. :) Let's not confuse enthusiasm with talent, however. I love to dance, I never claimed to be good at it.

Saturday, I felt like I was constantly on the go, maybe because I was. :D I was able to get a lot accomplished, so that was good. Jill and DJ went with Casey to Boise to watch Oakley's state basketball game. She WON!!! Way to go Oakley! While they were gone, the kids stayed with Mom and Dad, so I got to see them for a while in between work and play.

A group of my friends got together Saturday night to watch a movie at Janell's. Since we had all stayed out until after 1 the night before, we weren't too enthusiastic about anything more vigorous. We ended up watching "Horton Hears a Who" since Dee Jay brought Keisha. I was totally fine with it since the movie is completely hilarious. Afterwards, we visited until Janell threw us out. I not kidding either, we were all too comfortable to move and she had to finally remind us we all had church in the morning. :D

This was probably the first Sunday since we switched to 9:00 church that I've been on time for sacrament meeting. I credit it the the harassing phone calls and text messages that started around 7:30 in the morning. I have great friends, but I pretty sure I haven't done anything to deserve continual harassment from so many sources that early on a Sunday. You all know me, sweet and innocent. On the upside, every meeting in church was great.

Donevan and Christine came and spoke at our fireside on Sunday. They did such an awesome job. The spirit was very strong and it was a terrific message. I really appreciate their time and effort and how inspired they were. Thanks for listening to promptings you two! And thanks to all my friends who felt so guilty for teasing me that they stayed and helped clean up afterwards. You're all wonderful.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: